Monday, December 21, 2015

Book Review: Luther and Katharina by Jody Hedlund

I received a complimentary copy of Luther and Katharina in exchange for an honest review:


Yet another author I had never heard of and yet another amazing book by someone I will now be following like a thirsty dog as I wait for new releases.

This novel is an epic adventure that follows nun Katharina von Bora and Martin Luther during the ReformationIf not for this book I'd never have truly understood the persecutions so many faced, and all so they could read the Bible for themselves and live how they interpreted it. 

Martin Luther's story is amazing. Best of all is the author stayed as close to the truth as possible, with only minor changes and few fictional characters. Jody made Luther's life and character a reality for me, one I could swear I've actually witnessed because of her historical accuracy and talented writing. 

It was a privilege to be able to read about something that affects how I live today because of what he chose to stand for and fight against.

If you're looking for something to read, I'd 100% recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment