Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Book Review: The Wood's Edge by Lori Benton

I received a complimentary copy of The Wood's Edge in exchange for an honest review:



It's almost impossible to write this review because of the appreciation I have for this author and her work. My writing is not sufficient enough to praise or expound her writing in any way.

I first learned of Lori Benton when I read The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn. I started that book expecting a decently enjoyable historical Christian novel like any other historical Christian novel. What I actually read was a work of art. 

The Wood's Edge proved to be the same, if not more so, which I am willing to debate with anyone. This book blew her other book out of the water and that's saying a lot, because seriously how can you compare her novels to one another? But apparently, you can. 

The structure of her characters alone is incredible. First of all you're starting with the main characters from when they're babes in the arms of their parents and moving on up to adulthood. That alone is an amazing feat. It takes talent, hard work, and even organization to accomplish that specific character development.

Then you have the time period and the descriptions. The obvious research that went into the writing brings you so much into the story you'd think you time traveled there. 

The prose? Beautiful. Beautiful. Obviously, I lack appropriate prose!

Two Hawks: Need I say more? ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment