Sunday, January 17, 2016

Book Review: Hope Unfolding by Becky Thompson

I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review:




Hope Unfolding started out in such a way that I felt it may have been a failed attempt at writing, but as I continued to read it seemed to slowly come to life for me. I soon saw how she was using her personal stories to show God's love, grace, and truth in her life, and explaining it is the same for us. 


His works, His love, His plan - it includes us, too! We sometimes lose that as mothers, as wives, as we go to our 9-5 jobs or for the sixth time tell our toddler there is absolutely no jumping on the bed. You can get lost in the muck of  the every day and it's no wonder you start to feel as if this is it and no more.


This book gave me hope: maybe I've started giving up too soon. 


We know raising children in Him is important work, but that doesn't mean we need to give up the previous desires we had before children. He can still use what we wanted before - and He wants to. We just need to keep our ears tuned into Him, we just need to follow his promptings, and above all trust Him when it doesn't look the way we thought it would. 


When our sinks are full and our hearts are empty we need to just turn to Him - He wants us, He wants to use us: our whole us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment