Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Book Review: Anchor in the Storm by Sarah Sundin

What's more exciting than a book set in the WWII era? For those of us who love historical fiction it always makes for a great read. The book being written by a talented author who has certainly done her research makes it all the better!



I did not know this was the second book a series - you obviously don't have to have read the first to understand what was going on in this one. I definitely will seek out the first book, however, as I thoroughly enjoyed this read.

Sarah definitely walked me into the WWII era. It was written so well I felt as if I were there, in the story, experiencing it all with Lillian. It was a very interesting plot line - both Lillian trying to prove herself as a working woman and the prejudices soldiers had to go through with PTSD. It was something I'd never read about before and I enjoy having more knowledge on the subject now.
I enjoyed all of the characters in the book. They were complex and endearing. Lillian and Arch's romance was made better by the fact there was more depth in their relationship than the average romance story.

All in all, I definitely recommend this book.

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment