Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Book Review: The Magnolia Duchess by Beth White

Fiona receives news her brother has been captured by the British Navy. Around the time she receives that news a British soldier with no memory washes ashore and Fiona is the one who finds him.



It's definitely an interesting plot, but hard as I tried I could not stay involved with the story. I can't quite put my finger on why, but there you have it. The story did seem to lag and it was a bit too wordy at times, so that I found my thoughts drifting. I also could not sympathize with any of the characters. I did not feel like I knew Fiona - she fell a bit flat. 

I love historical fiction - it is my #1 reading choice. It was disappointing that although it was set at such an interesting time in history the story could not hold up. 

I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment